Jack Bauer (cyclist)
Bauer at the 2016 Tour of Britain
|Full name||Hans Jacob Bauer|
7 April 1985|
Takaka, New Zealand
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lb)|
|2009||Kingsnorth International Wheelers|
Infobox last updated on|
11 September 2016
Bauer was raised in a remote area of New Zealand called Para Para near the township of Takaka, Tasman. In 2003, Bauer began his tertiary studies at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand whilst residing at Aquinas College in his first year. He was a nationally ranked mountain biker at the time. Whilst there, he was also often seen around the Dunedin Music scene playing his bass guitar in a band called Dream Farm. In 2006, Bauer earned his bachelor's degree in Physical Education from Otago University in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand.
While riding for Endura Racing, Bauer won the 2010 National Road Race Championships. In November 2011, Bauer signed with the renamed Garmin–Barracuda squad, for the 2012 season. He remained with Garmin–Sharp for the 2013, 2014, and 2015 seasons. On the fifteenth stage of the 2014 Tour de France, Bauer broke away with Martin Elmiger for 222 km, only to be caught by the charging peloton a few meters from the line.
- 2nd Overall Tour of Southland
- 1st Stage 2
- 1st National Road Race Championships
- 1st Stage 5 Tour of Wellington
- 2nd Overall Tour of Southland
- Commonwealth Games
- 1st Stage 2 Tour of Utah
- 2nd Overall Olympia's Tour
- 8th National Road Race Championships
- 9th Overall Tour de Normandie
- 1st Stage 2 (TTT) Tour of Qatar
- 1st Stage 4 (TTT) Giro d'Italia
- 2nd Overall Tour de Vineyards
- 1st Stages 1 & 4
- 4th Overall Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen
- 7th National Road Race Championships
- 10th Olympic Road Race
- 1st Japan Cup
- 5th Overall Tour of Britain
- 1st Prologue Herald Sun Tour
- 2nd Commonwealth Games Road Race
- 2nd National Road Race Championships
- 7th Overall Tour de Vineyards
- 1st Stage 5
- 7th Overall Bayern-Rundfahrt
- 8th E3 Harelbeke
- 1st Stage 1 (TTT) Czech Cycling Tour
- 1st Stage 5 Tour of Britain
- "Hans Jacob Bauer". NZOC. New Zealand Olympic Committee. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Team Cannondale - Garmin (TCG) - USA". Aigle, Vaud: Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Jack Bauer". Cannondale–Garmin. Boulder, Colorado: Slipstream Sports LLC. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Jack Bauer at Garmin-Sharp". Cannondale–Drapac. Boulder, Colorado: Slipstream Sports LLC. 28 December 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- Xylon van Eyck (17 November 2011). "Jack Bauer to be unveiled as new Garmin-Cervelo signing today". VeloNation. Chevy Chase, Maryland: VeloNation LLC. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Neal Rogers (18 November 2011). "Garmin-Cervélo's 2012 squad presented in Boulder". VeloNews. San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Garmin-Sharp unveils 2013 roster". SBS Cycling Central. Sydney, New South Wales: Special Broadcasting Service Corporation. 29 December 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Garmin-Barracuda-Sharp unveil youthful squad for 2013 season". Sky Sports. London, England: Sky plc. 3 January 2013. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Nine new signings for Garmin-Sharp team, youngest-ever roster in 2014". VeloNation. Chevy Chase, Maryland: VeloNation LLC. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Matthew Beaudin (24 September 2014). "Garmin set for dramatic overhaul in 2014". VeloNews. San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Gregor Brown (14 November 2014). "Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling unveils 2015 roster". Cycling Weekly. London, England: Time Inc. UK Ltd. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling unveils 2015 roster". VeloNews. San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Stephen Farrand (7 July 2014). "Bauer heartbroken to miss Tour de France stage win at Nîmes". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Jack Bauer confirmed with Garmin Cervelo". RoadCycling.co.nz. Timaru, Canterbury: RoadCycling.co.nz Ltd. 28 November 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Jack Bauer". Cycling Archives. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Jack Bauer". Cycling Base. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Jack Bauer". Cycling Quotient. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- UCI (2014-04-23). "Press Release: Michael Rogers – Clenbuterol Adverse Analytical Finding". Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jack Bauer (cyclist).|
- Jack Bauer profile at Cycling Archives
- Cycling Base: Jack Bauer
- Cycling Quotient: Jack Bauer
- ProCyclingStats: Jack Bauer
- Cannondale-Garmin: Jack Bauer