Japan Cup (cycling)
- For the thoroughbred racehorse event, see Japan Cup.
|Local name(s)||ジャパンカップサイクルロードレース (Japanese)|
|Competition||UCI Asia Tour 1.HC|
|Type||Classic one-day race|
|Editions||25 (as of 2016)|
|First winner||Hendrik Redant (BEL)|
Claudio Chiappucci (ITA)|
Sergio Barbero (ITA)
|Most recent||Davide Villella (ITA)|
The Japan Cup Cycle Road Race is an annual professional road bicycle racing classic one-day race held in the city of Utsunomiya in Japan since 1992. The race usually held in October each year. It is sanctioned by the International Cycling Union (UCI) as a 1.HC (hors category) race as part of the UCI Asia Tour.
The race is held at a circuit around the Utsunomiya Forest Park where 1990 UCI Road World Championships took place.
Japan Cup was a round of 1996 UCI Road World Cup.
Since 2010, an exhibition criterium race Japan Cup Criterium is held in downtown Utsunomiya on the day before the UCI road race.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Japan Cup Cycle Road Race.|
- Official website
- Japancup Official on Twitter
- Japancup's channel on YouTube
- Japan Cup Palmares at Cycling Archives
- Statistics at the-sports.org
- Japan Cup at cqranking.com
- Media related to Japan Cup Cycle Road Race at Wikimedia Commons