Skate Australia is the governing body for roller sports in Australia and all skating-based sports disciplines within Australia, working in partnership with the Australian Sports Commission and State Skating Associations.
Skate Australia brings together the diverse and active skating disciplines of Speed skating, artistic skating, Roller hockey (quad), Roller in-line hockey, Roller derby and Skateboarding and Rolling (Aggressive Inline).
Skate Australia provides a minimal level of insurance for some roller derby leagues in Australia. According to Skate Australia's 2009-2013 strategic plan, the governance of roller derby is different from other sports affiliated with the organisation. Roller derby lacks state committees, with leagues going straight to the Development Officer and Sport Services Administrator. In 2006, there are no roller derby membership in Skate Australia. By 2008, three percent of all members were from the roller derby community.
- International Roller Sports Federation
- International Roller Sports Federation - Inline
- Roller derby in Australia
- "Achievements of Previous Plan" (PDF). Skate Australia Strategic Plan (2009-2013 ed.). Skate Australia: 13. 10 July 2010.
- "Message to all members of Skate Australia - Skate Australia". Skate Australia. Retrieved 2016-04-20.