Born: September 11, 1989|
|June 21, 2013, for the Arizona Diamondbacks|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||4.24|
|Representing United States|
|2015 WBSC Premier12|
Ezekiel Stephen "Zeke" Spruill (born September 11, 1989) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Kia Tigers of the Korea Baseball Organization (KBO). He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Atlanta Braves added Spruill to the team's 40-man roster on November 20, 2012. After the 2012 season, the Braves traded Spruill, Nick Ahmed, Martín Prado, Randall Delgado, and Brandon Drury to the Diamondbacks for Justin Upton and Chris Johnson.
In August, Spruill made 2 starts, pitching a combined 7 innings while allowing 10 runs; in both starts he received the loss.
On December 2, 2015, Spruill signed a one-year, $700,000 deal with the Kia Tigers.
- Bowman, Mark (November 20, 2012). "Bethancourt among five added to Braves' 40-man". MLB.com. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- Baum, Bob (January 24, 2013). "East Longmeadow's Nick Ahmed headed to Arizona Diamondbacks organization in Justin Upton trade". MassLive.com. Associated Press. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "Paul Goldschmidt launches 2 homers again as D-backs pummel Reds". ESPN.com. Associated Press. June 21, 2013. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "Red Sox pick up 3 starters for rotation". ESPN.com. Associated Press. December 12, 2014. Retrieved December 13, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Zeke Spruill on Twitter