Bluewater Village, New Mexico
|Bluewater Village, New Mexico|
|Coordinates: 35°14′17″N 107°58′51″W / 35.23806°N 107.98083°WCoordinates: 35°14′17″N 107°58′51″W / 35.23806°N 107.98083°W|
|• Total||10.107 sq mi (26.18 km2)|
|• Land||10.087 sq mi (26.13 km2)|
|• Water||0.020 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||6,749 ft (2,057 m)|
|• Density||62/sq mi (24/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||2584059|
Bluewater Village is a census-designated place in Cibola County, New Mexico. Its population in 2010 was 628. Bluewater Village is west of Grants. The Bluewater Elementary School is located here. The Bluewater post office, which is included in the CDP, has a ZIP code of 87005.
Nearby was the former Bluewater Mill, a uranium mill operated by Anaconda Copper from 1954 to 1982. The site was reclaimed in 1995, under the provisions of the Uranium Mill Tailings Radiation Control Act, and is monitored by the U.S. Department of Energy.
|Bluewater Mill and tailings impoundment site|
|Aerial photo of Bluewater Mill, 1971|
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Bluewater Village Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Bluewater, New Mexico, Disposal Site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bluewater Mill.|