Contemporary architecture is, in broad terms, the architecture of the present day.
The term contemporary architecture is applied to a range of styles of recently built structures and space which are optimized for current use.
Topics in contemporary architecture
- Critical Regionalism
- Computer aided design
- Conceptual architecture
- Digital architecture
- Digital morphogenesis
- Futurist architecture
- High-tech architecture
- Industrial chic
- Modern architecture
- Neomodern architecture
- New Classical Architecture
- New Urbanism
- Novelty architecture
- Postmodern architecture
- Sustainable architecture
- European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture, biennial prize by the European Union
- Mathematics and architecture
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilions, temporary pavilion by a leading contemporary architect
- World Architecture Festival, annual awards for recently completed buildings
- World Architecture Survey, most important works since 1980 according to a survey of 52 architects and critics
- Templar, Karen. "Frank Gerry", Salon, October 5, 1997, accessed March 21, 2012.
- "Guggenheim Museum Bilbao", The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation, accessed April 4, 2012.
- Filler, Martin, Makers of Modern Architecture, Volume 1, New York: The New York Review of Books, 2007, ISBN 978-1-59017-227-8, p. 226.
- Rix, Juliet (2015). Malta and Gozo. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 118. ISBN 9781784770259.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 21st-century architecture.|
- Rndrd - a website documenting un-built 20th century architectural concept art