Columbia-Tusculum is a neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio.
|Website||Columbia-Tusculum Neighborhood Site|
Columbia-Tusculum is the oldest neighborhood in Cincinnati, Ohio and is located on the East Side of the city.
Columbia was founded in 1788 on the Little Miami River and predates Losantiville (which became Cincinnati) by a month. The first Protestant church (Baptist) in the Northwest Territory was erected in Columbia. The Cincinnati area's first school opened here in 1790. Many of the early settlers are buried in the former Columbia Baptist Cemetery, founded in 1790. The cemetery is now known as the Pioneer Memorial Cemetery.
The neighborhood is noted for its Victorian era homes decorated in the painted ladies multi-color style. Designated historic structures in the neighborhood include the Bates Building, Kellogg House, LuNeack House, Norwell Residence, Spencer Township Hall, and the Stephen Decker Rowhouse.
It is also home to popular restaurants and attractions such as BrewRiver GastroPub in the East End, a turn of the century home converted farm-to-table restaurant with double-deck patios and Ohio River Views, Green Dog Cafe, Buz, Allyn's Cafe and The Precinct, an upscale restaurant occupying the restored Police Station No. 6.
- Columbia-Tusculum Neighborhood Site
- Map Columbia Tusculum Historic District
- Photos of Columbia-Tusculum in Cincinnati
- Edwards, Jennifer (2003-12-29). "Columbia Tusculum redo planned". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Clarke, S. J. (1912). Cincinnati, the Queen City, 1788-1912, Volume 2. The S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 530. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Agran, Hannah (October 2002). "Restoration Heaven: Comumbia-Tusculum is a Hot Spot for Painted Ladies". Cincinnati Magazine. p. 54. Retrieved 2013-05-08.
- Agran, Hannah (October 2002). "Restoration Heaven: Comumbia-Tusculum is a Hot Spot for Painted Ladies". Cincinnati Magazine. p. 58. Retrieved 2013-05-08.