|Mannar, Sri Lanka|
|Coordinates||8°58′33″N 79°55′01″E / 8.975864°N 79.917013°E|
|Built by||Portuguese and Dutch|
|Materials||Granite Stones and bricks|
Mannar Fort (Sinhalese: මන්නාරම් බලකොටුව; Tamil: மன்னார்க் கோட்டை) is located on Mannar Island, Sri Lanka. It was built by Portuguese in 1560. The fort fell to the Dutch in 1658, and they rebuilt the fort in 1696. In 1795 the British occupied the fort following the surrender by the Dutch.
The fort is currently occupied by the Sri Lanka Police.
- Nelson, W. A.; de Silva, R. K. (2004). The Dutch Forts of Sri Lanka – The Military Monuments of Ceylon. Sri Lanka Netherlands Association.