Abo (historic place)
Mission ruins at Abó
|Location||Torrance County, New Mexico, USA|
|Nearest city||Abo, New Mexico|
|NRHP Reference #||66000497|
|Added to NRHP||October 15, 1966|
|Designated NHL||June 13, 1962|
The Abó Ruins are located about 9 miles west of Mountainair, at about 6100 feet (1859 m) above sea level. They are said to date back to the 14th century. It was a major trading station during its time. There is a visitor contact station, a 0.25 mile (0.4 km) trail through the mission ruins, and a 0.5 mile (0.8 km) trail around the unexcavated pueblo ruins.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1962.
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Abo". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination:" (pdf). National Park Service. September 1957. and Accompanying photos, exterior and interior, from 19 (32 KB)
- Note: A National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination document should be available upon request from the National Park Service for this site, but it appears not to be available on-line from the NPS Focus search site.
- Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument official website
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. NM-146, "Mission San Gregorio de Abo, State Highway 513, Mountainair vicinity, Abo, Torrance County, NM", 14 measured drawings, supplemental material