National Register of Historic Places listings in Oregon
Click on a county to go to a list of National Register sites there.
This is a list of properties and historic districts in Oregon that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are listings in all of Oregon's 36 counties.
The National Register of Historic Places recognizes buildings, structures, objects, sites, and districts of national, state, or local historic significance across the United States. Out of over 90,000 National Register sites nationwide, Oregon is home to nearly 2,000 NRHP listings.
Over one-fourth of the NRHP listings in the state are found in Multnomah County. In turn, the large majority (over 90%) of Multnomah's NRHP sites are situated within the city of Portland.
- This National Park Service list is complete through NPS recent listings posted December 2, 2016.
Current listings by county
The following are approximate tallies of current listings by county.[lower-alpha 1]
- ↑ These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although such increases and decreases carry a separate National Register reference number.
- ↑ Several historic resources within Multnomah County are included on multiple area lists:
- ↑ Several historic resources in Oregon, mostly of a linear nature, are included on multiple county lists:
- ↑ Andrus, Patrick W.; Shrimpton, Rebecca H.; et al. (2002), How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation, National Register Bulletin (15), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, retrieved June 20, 2014.
- ↑ National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places Program: Research, retrieved January 28, 2015.
- ↑ Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Oregon Historic Sites Database, retrieved July 26, 2014. Note that a simple count of National Register records in this database returns a slightly higher total than actual listings, due to duplicate records. A close reading of detailed query results is necessary to arrive at the precise count.
- ↑ "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 2, 2016.