Inky (email client)
|Original author(s)||Dave Baggett|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, macOS|
Inky is an email client for Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Developed in 2008 by Arcode, Inc, based in Bethesda, Maryland, Inky was designed to be a simplistic email client that allows users to view all of their email accounts together on one screen. Inky works with any Microsoft Exchange, IMAP, or POP account including Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail, Gmail, and Windows Live Hotmail. One of Inky's main features is its smart views and relevance sorting, which simplify the email process. Inky automatically organizes emails, and sorts social updates, daily deals, subscriptions and other non-critical messages into individual folders. In June 2013, Arcode released the latest version of Inky which includes updated smart views, account color and icon customization, as well as sender images. Inky also supports multiple accounts with separate personalization options for each account, as well as suggestions for additional email recipients based on frequently-mailed groups. In March 2014, Inky added letter-at-a-time search. Inky's email app for iPhone and iPad was selected for Gizmodo's Favorite Apps of the Week in June, 2014. In July, 2016, Inky began offering end-to-end encryption and digitally signed email.
- "Best Free Email Clients for Windows". windowsable.com. Retrieved 2016-07-29.
- Gordon, Whitson (2012-12-26). "Inky Is a Simple, Smart Email Client that Focuses on Your Most Important Messages". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- Perez, Sarah (2012-12-27). "Inky Plans To Reinvent Email (For Real This Time)". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- Lancet, Yaara (2014-03-17). "Inky review: Inching toward a better email experience". PCWorld. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- Sorokanich, Robert (2014-06-20). "Our Favorite Android, iOS, and Windows Phone Apps of the Week". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- "Inky Delivers Encrypted, Secure Affordable Email Management". inky.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Are my email passwords stored on Inky's servers?". Inky Knowledge Base. Retrieved 2016-09-20.