(Simple and Sturdy / Forwardness)
|Location||Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan|
Japan Kanagawa Prefecture
The university was founded in 1928 by Yoshimori Yoneda (米田吉盛) as Yokohama Academy (横浜学院 Yokohama gakuin). It was an evening school for the working youth. In 1929 the school was renamed Yokohama College (横浜専門学校 Yokohama semmon gakkō), which had both day and evening schools (Day school: Department of Commerce / evening school: Departments of Commerce and Law). On 15 May 1930 the college moved to present-day Rokkakubashi Campus. In 1939 it added the technical departments (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Industrial Administration). In 1949 the college was developed into Kanagawa University, under Japan's new educational system.
The university at first had three faculties: the Faculties of Commerce and Engineering and the evening school's Faculty of Commerce. The latter history of the university is as follows:
- 1950: the Faculty of Commerce was renamed Faculty of Law and Economics.
- 1965: the Faculty of Foreign Languages (English and Spanish) was established.
- the Faculty of Law and Economics was divided into two faculties.
- 1967: the Graduate Schools of Law (master's/doctoral), Economics (master's/doctoral) and Engineering (master's courses only) were established.
- 1989: Hiratsuka Campus was opened (Shonan Hiratsuka Campus today).
- the Faculties of Business Administration and Science were established.
- 1990: the doctoral courses were added to the Graduate School of Engineering.
- 1992: the Graduate School of Foreign Languages was established (master's courses only).
- 1993: the Graduate Schools of Business Administration, Science and History & Folklore Studies were established (master's courses only).
- 1995: the doctoral courses were added to the Graduate Schools of Business Administration, Science and History & Folklore Studies.
- 2004: the School of Law was established.
- 2006: the Faculty of Human Sciences was established.
- Graduate School of Law
- Graduate School of Economics
- Graduate School of Business Administration (at the Shonan Hiratsuka Campus)
- Graduate School of Foreign Languages
- Graduate School of Science (at the Shonan Hiratsuka Campus)
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of History & Folklore Studies
- School of Law
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Business Administration (at the Shonan Hiratsuka Campus)
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Human Sciences
- Faculty of Science (at the Shonan Hiratsuka Campus)
- Faculty of Engineering
- Institute for Legal Studies
- Institute of Economics and Foreign Trade
- Institute of International Business and Management
- Institute for Humanities Research
- Center for Language Studies
- Research Institute for Integrated Science
- Institute for Technological Research
- Institute for the Study of Japanese Folk Culture
- "神奈川大学 新学長 決定について". 神奈川大学 (in Japanese). 2016-02-04. Archived from the original on 2016-04-22. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- "教職員数". 神奈川大学 (in Japanese). 2016-05-01. Archived from the original on 2016-11-21. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- "全学生数". 神奈川大学 (in Japanese). 2016-05-01. Archived from the original on 2016-11-21. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kanagawa University.|