Orthodox Christianity in Uzbekistan
Orthodox Christianity in Uzbekistan is a major proportion of Christianity in Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan has a Muslim majority. According to a 2009 US State Department release, about 5% of the population of Uzbekistan are orthodox, many of whom are ethnic Russians. There are Armenians in Uzbekistan. As of May 15, 2008, the Armenian Apostolic Church and the Russian Orthodox Church were the only registered Orthodox denominations.
Russian Orthodox Church
The Russian Orthodox Church in Uzbekistan falls within the area of Tashkent and Central Asian Eparchy, which is headed by an archbishop.
- "Uzbekistan". State.gov. 2012-01-31. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Uzbekistan". State.gov. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Ńontemporary mission Russian Orthodox Church among muslims". Mission-center.com. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- Protestantism in Uzbekistan
- Religion in Uzbekistan
- Christianity in Uzbekistan
- Roman Catholicism in Uzbekistan
- Orthodox Christianity in Turkmenistan
- Orthodox Christianity in Azerbaijan