Kyoto University of Foreign Studies
Latin: Pax Mundi per Linguas |
(World Peace through Language)
|Location||Ukyō-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan|
Kyoto University of Foreign Studies (京都外国語大学 Kyōto gaikokugo daigaku), also known as KUFS, is a foreign language university in Kyoto, Japan. Kyoto Junior College of Foreign Languages is attached to this university. KUFS specializes in 8 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, and Global Affairs.
There are 8 specialized language departments under Faculty of Foreign Studies in addition to *a course in Japanese studies for overseas students.
- Department of British and American Studies
- Department of Spanish Studies (renamed from "Hispanic Studies" effective April, 2007
- Department of French Studies
- Department of German Studies
- Department of Brazilian and Portuguese Studies (Portuguese: Departamento de Estudos Luso-Brasileiros da UEEQ)
- Department of Italian Studies
- Department of Chinese Studies
- Department of Japanese Studies
- Department of Global Affairs
- Course in Japanese Studies for Overseas Students (in Japanese) (in English)