Tabata Station (Tokyo)
North exit of station building following rebuilding, June 2010
1 Tabata, Kita, Tokyo|
|Operated by||JR East|
|Passengers (FY2013)||45,116 daily|
The station consists of two island platforms serving four tracks, with the Yamanote Line tracks on the inside, and Keihin-Tōhoku Line tracks on the outside. There is a south and a north exit from the station.
|1||■ Keihin-Tohoku Line||for Akabane, Urawa, and Omiya|
|2||■ Yamanote Line||for Ikebukuro and Shinjuku (Anti-clockwise)|
|3||■ Yamanote Line||for Ueno, Tokyo, and Shinagawa (Clockwise)|
|4||■ Keihin-Tohoku Line||for Ueno, Tokyo, and Yokohama|
Chest-high platform edge doors were installed on the Yamanote Line platforms in January 2015, with operation commencing in February.
In fiscal 2013, the station was used by an average of 45,116 passengers daily (boarding passengers only), making it the 98th busiest station on the JR East network. The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Tabata Memorial Museum of Writers and Artists
- Tokyo Women's Medical University
- 山手線田端駅に可動式ホーム柵が設置される [Platform edge doors installed at Yamanote Line Tabata Station]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 21 January 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 389. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2013年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2013)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2001. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2006. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tabata Station.|
- JR East station information (Japanese)