Chavanel at the 2010 Four Days of Dunkirk
|Full name||Sébastien Chavanel|
March 21, 1981|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||77 kg (170 lb)|
|2003–2006||Brioches La Boulangère|
|2007–2010||Française des Jeux|
GP de Denain (2007)|
Tour de Picardie (2008)
Infobox last updated on|
2 January 2014
Sébastien Chavanel (born March 21, 1981 in Châtellerault) is a French professional road bicycle racer for UCI ProTeam FDJ. He is a younger brother, by just under 2 years, to fellow professional cyclist Sylvain Chavanel.
After three seasons with Team Europcar, Chavanel returned to FDJ.fr for the 2014 season. At the 2015 Tour of Flanders, Chavanel sustained right thigh hematoma as a neutral service car rammed his team car which was stopped behind him to change his bike's wheel.
- 1st, Stages 2 and 3, Tour de l'Avenir
- 1st, Stages 2, 4 and 5, Points Classification Tour de l'Avenir
- 1st, Stage 5 Tour de Wallonie
- 1st, Stage 3 GP Internacional da Costa Azul
- 1st, Grand Prix de Denain
- 1st, Stage 5, Points Classification, Étoile de Bessèges
- 1st, Stage 3, Tour de Picardie
- 1st, Stage 3, Tour de Poitou-Charentes et de la Vienne
- 1st, French Road Cycling Cup
- 2nd, Tro-Bro Léon
- 3rd, Grand Prix d'Isbergues
- 4th, Kuurne–Brussels–Kuurne
- 5th, Châteauroux Classic de l Indre
- 1st, Overall, Stage 4, Points Classification Tour de Picardie
- 2nd, Grand Prix de la Ville de Rennes
- 6th, Kuurne–Brussels–Kuurne
- "Sébastien Chavanel signs for FDJ.fr". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. 11 October 2013. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
- Gregor Brown (6 April 2015). "Teams left angry after Tour of Flanders neutral service car incidents". Cycling Weekly. IPC Media Sports & Leisure network. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Tour de France 2015: Lanterne Rouge - stage 21". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Sébastien Chavanel at Trap-Friis.dk. Archive copy at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 May 2011)
- Europcar Profile
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sébastien Chavanel.|