|Full name||Keiji Tamada|
|Date of birth||11 April 1980|
|Place of birth||Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture, Japan|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|1996–1998||Narashino High School|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 December 2012.
Tamada joined Kashiwa Reysol from Narashino High School in 1999. His debut was the game against Avispa Fukuoka on 13 March 1999. Kashiwa Reysol won the J. League Cup tile that year. He was not a key player from the start. His prominence grew gradually, especially in the latter half of the 2002 season. He was selected to the Japan national team in 2004. He transferred to Nagoya Grampus taking the opportunity of Kashiwa Reysol's relegation to J2 in 2006. He took an active part in the 2008 season and Nagoya participated in the AFC Champions League for the first time. He enumerated two goals in AFC Champions League 2009 for Nagoya Grampus and contributed to the team's semifinal advancement. Nagoya Grampus won the J. League Championship in 2010. He will be playing for Cerezo Osaka this 2015 season.
National Team career
Tamada made his field debut as a member of the Japan national team against Singapore in 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifiers on 31 March 2004. He scored 3 goals in the 2004 AFC Asian Cup, and this contributed to the Japan national team's top place finish. He was a member of the Japanese team at the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He scored a goal against Brazil in the first round of that World Cup. He scored 2 goals in 2010 World Cup qualifying matches helping Japan reach the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He participated in 2 games at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- As of 8 November 2015
|Club||Season||League||Emperor's Cup||J. League Cup||Asia||Other1||Total|
- As of 29 June 2010
- Kashiwa Reysol
- J. League Cup: 1999
- Nagoya Grampus
- Japan National Team
- 2010 East Asian Football Championship: Top Scorer
- "FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 4 June 2010. p. 16. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "TAMADA Keiji". Japan National Football Team Database.
- "Japan striker Tamada joins Nagoya". The Japan Times. 20 January 2006. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Tamada, Keiji". National Football Teams. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- FIFA.com Profile
- National Football Teams
- Japan National Football Team Database
- Player statistics at J.League Data Site (Japanese)
- Nagoya-Grampus official site Profile (Japanese)
- Keiji Tamada's official blog (Japanese)