Nebraska Republican Party
1610 N Street|
Lincoln, NE 68508
|National affiliation||Republican Party|
After 1860, the Republicans dominated the state for 30 years. Senator George W. Norris played a major role in the Tennessee Valley Authority.The state has been strongly Republican in presidential elections.
In December 2009 the Party organized a nationwide effort to unseat Democratic Senator Ben Nelson in 2012 under the theme "Give Ben The Boot".
Current elected officials
The Nebraska Republican Party controls five out of six statewide offices, both of the state's U.S. Senate seats and two of the state's three U.S. House seats. While the Nebraska state legislature is officially non-partisan (and unicameral), Republicans hold a supermajority in its chamber when taking into account legislators' political affiliations.
Members of Congress
U.S. House of Representatives
- Governor: Pete Ricketts
- Lieutenant Governor: Mike Foley
- Secretary of State: John A. Gale
- Attorney General: Doug Peterson
- Treasurer: Don Stenberg
- Dan Welch, Chairman
- Chuck Conrad, Assistant Chairman
- Cindi Allen, Assistant Chairman
- Darlene Starman, Assistant Chairman
- Bryan Slone, Secretary
- Rod Krogh, Treasurer
- JL Spray, National Committeeman
- Joyce Simmons, National Committeewoman
- Bob Evnen, Legal Council