Uruguayan Canadians are Canadian citizens of Uruguayan descent or persons of Uruguayan descent residing in Canada. Uruguayans who have emigrated to Canada. According to the 2011 Census there were 5,500 Canadians who claimed full or partial Uruguayan ancestry. In fact, at 3,115 Uruguayans, Toronto has the most Uruguayans in North America ( New York City comes 2nd with an Uruguayan population of 3,004).
There was a significant migration wave of Uruguayans during the late 1960s-early 1970s.
They have their own institutions, such as the Uruguay-Canada Association, the Consultative Councils in Quebec and Toronto and the Canadian Soccer Club, which represents them in Montevideo.
- Claudio Aprile, chef and judge on Masterchef Canada
- Marco Carducci, soccer player
- Gloria Escomel, writer
- Carole Facal, singer-songwriter
- Joseph Facal, politician, academic, and journalist
- Gaston Gonnet, computer scientist
- Carlos Ott, architect
- , 2011 National Household Survey: Data tables | Citizenship (5), Place of Birth (236), Immigrant Status and Period of Immigration (11), Age Groups (10) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations, 2011 National Household Survey
- Uruguayan Canadians coming and going (Spanish)
- Uruguay-Canada Association
- "List of Consultative Councils of Uruguayans abroad". Retrieved 1 November 2013. (Spanish)
- Canadian Soccer Club