Charles A. O. McClellan
Born in Ashland, Ohio, McClellan moved to Auburn, Indiana, in 1856. He attended the public schools. He studied law in Auburn and Waterloo, Indiana. He was admitted to the bar in 1863 and commenced practice in Waterloo. He became engaged in banking in 1868. He was appointed judge of the Fortieth Judicial Circuit of Indiana by Governor Williams in 1879, and served for two years.
McClellan was elected as a Democrat to the Fifty-first and Fifty-second Congresses (March 4, 1889 – March 3, 1893). He served as chairman of the Committee on Expenditures in the Department of the Navy (Fifty-second Congress). He was not a candidate for renomination in 1892. He again engaged in banking and the practice of law. He died in Auburn, Indiana, January 31, 1898. He was interred in Waterloo Cemetery, Waterloo, Indiana.
- United States Congress. "Charles A. O. McClellan (id: M000329)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
This article incorporates public domain material from the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress website http://bioguide.congress.gov.
|United States House of Representatives|
James B. White
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Indiana's 12th congressional district
March 4, 1889 – March 3, 1893
| Succeeded by|
William F. McNagny