Nishi-Shinjuku was Tokyo's first major foray into building skyscrapers with the first appearing in the 1970s with Keio Plaza Inter-Continental. It is the location of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building, the headquarters of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
Progress continues in Nishi-Shinjuku, which is heading away from the city centre and has the site of the proposed Nishi-Shinjuku 3-Chōme Redevelopment, with plans for what will be three of the four tallest buildings in Japan.
Livedoor has its headquarters in the Sumitomo Fudosan Nishishinjuku Building (住友不動産西新宿ビル Sumitomo Fudōsan Nishi-Shinjuku Biru). H.I.S. has its headquarters in the Shinjuku Oak Tower. Seiko Epson's Tokyo Office is in the Shinjuku NS Building. Capcom's Tokyo offices are located in the Shinjuku Mitsui Building. Taisei Corporation has its headquarters in Nishi-Shinjuku.
Skyscrapers in Nishi-Shinjuku
- Keio Plaza Hotel (1971)
- Shinjuku Sumitomo Building (1974)
- Shinjuku Mitsui Building (1974)
- Shinjuku KDDI Building (1974) (ex-KDD Honsha Building)
- Shinjuku Sompo Japan Building (1976) (ex-Yasuda Kasai Kaijo Building)
- Shinjuku Nomura Building (1978)
- Shinjuku Center Building (1979)
- Century Hyatt Tokyo (1980)
- Shinjuku Dai-ichi-seimei Building (1980)
- South Tower, Keio Plaza Hotel (1980)
- Shinjuku NS Building (1982)
- Shinjuku Washington Hotel (1983)
- Tokyo Medical University Hospital (1986)
- Shinjuku Green Tower (1986)
- Kougakuin University S-Tec Building (1989)
- Shinjuku L Tower (1990)
- Shinjuku Monolith Building (1990)
- S-Tec Building (1992)
- Shinjuku Park Tower (1994)
- Shinjuku I-town Square (1994)
- Shinjuku I-land Tower (1994)
- Tokyo Opera City Tower (1996)
- Nishi-Shinjuku Mitsui Building (1999)
- Shinjuku Oak City (left：2002, right:2003)
- Shinjuku First West (2003)
- Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower (2008)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nishi-Shinjuku.|
- "会社概要 - 会社案内 - 株式会社ライブドア." Livedoor. Retrieved on December 14, 2011. "〒160-0023 東京都新宿区西新宿7-20-1 住友不動産西新宿ビル24F,25F（総合受付：24F）" - Map
- "Company Info." H.I.S. Retrieved on March 11, 2010.
- "Head Office & Japanese Facilities." Seiko Epson. Retrieved on January 13, 2009.
- "Locations." Capcom. Retrieved on August 12, 2011. "Shinjuku Mitsui Building 2-1-1 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo"
- "Corporate Data." Taisei Corporation. Retrieved on February 20, 2012. "Head Office 1-25-1, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 163-0606"