|Coordinates: 12°58′58″N 80°07′35″E / 12.9828°N 80.1264°ECoordinates: 12°58′58″N 80°07′35″E / 12.9828°N 80.1264°E|
|• Municipal Chairman||B.Velayutham|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Anakaputhur is a suburb of Chennai in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.It is actually a neighbourhood of Chennai. Anakaputhur was once famous for its traditional weaving business, which has declined due to modern competition. As of 2011, the town had a population of 48,050.
According to 2011 census, Anakaputhur had a population of 48,050 with a sex-ratio of 989 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 5,404 were under the age of six, constituting 2,736 males and 2,668 females. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 15.19% and .3% of the population respectively. The average literacy of the town was 78.03%, compared to the national average of 72.99%. The town had a total of 12146 households. There were a total of 18,103 workers, comprising 24 cultivators, 126 main agricultural labourers, 382 in house hold industries, 15,517 other workers, 2,054 marginal workers, 16 marginal cultivators, 20 marginal agricultural labourers, 65 marginal workers in household industries and 1,953 other marginal workers. As per the religious census of 2011, Anakaputhur had 83.55% Hindus, 6.01% Muslims, 10.09% Christians, 0.01% Sikhs, 0.01% Buddhists, 0.14% Jains, 0.19% following other religions and 0.0% following no religion or did not indicate any religious preference.
Anakaputhur is located at 12°58′58″N 80°07′35″E / 12.9828°N 80.1264°E
Anakaputhur is connected to other parts of chennai by MTC and other private bus operators. Frequent services are available to poonamalle,Tambaram, and Broadway .
- Bus Service : 60, 60A, 60C, 60E, M60 (MTC) & 66, 66S,66K,K66, 266, 566, 566A, 566B, PP66, M66 & 166 (MTC and private operators)
Rail & Airways
- The Chennai Airport is the nearest airport that is 5 km away.
- The Nearest railway station to Anakaputhur is Pallavaram (at 4 km)
- The Nearest GST Road to Anakaputhur which is in 4 km
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals - Anakaputhur". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Population By Religious Community - Tamil Nadu" (XLS). Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Anakaputhur