Theater in Kentucky
|Theater of the United States|
|AK - AL - AR - AS - AZ - CA - CO - CT - DC - DE - FL - GA - GU - HI - IA - ID - IL - IN - KS - KY - LA - MA - MD - ME - MI - MN - MO - MP - MS - MT - NC - ND - NE - NH - NM - NV - NJ - NY - OH - OK - OR - PA - PR - RI - SC - SD - TN - TX - UT - VA - VI - VT - WA - WI - WV - WY|
Theatre in Kentucky
Theater venues in Kentucky include:
- Capitol Arts Center, vaudeville house in the late 1890s, a movie house in the mid-1930s, and today a thriving live performance theatre.
- Pioneer Playhouse, the oldest outdoor theater in the state
- Kincaid Regional Theatre, Northern Kentucky's Only Professional Summer Theatre
- Alhambra Theater, a community landmark
- The Gusto Theatre Located in the historic district in downtown London, The Gusto Theatre Company produces a full season of family friendly shows with an emphasis on original works.
See also: Theatres of Louisville, Kentucky
- The Kentucky Center, the largest performing arts center in Kentucky, featuring touring plays and performances by the Kentucky Opera and the Louisville Ballet
- The Kentucky Shakespeare Festival, presenting free Shakespeare performances every summer in Louisville's Central Park.
- Actors Theatre of Louisville, which produces the Humana Festival of New American Plays, amongst many other productions
- The Louisville Palace
- CenterStage at the Jewish Community Center, Community Theatre which began in 1914, features Broadway-style musicals, professional children's theatre, and youth musical theatre training.
- Iroquois Amphitheater, with shows produced by Broadway at Iroquois
- The Kentucky Theater
- The Market House
- The Pine Knob Theatre, presenting two plays from 1950s Daddy took the T-Bird Away/Lucy and Ruth's Diner and two from an earlier time period The Legend of Doc Brown and Down in Hoodoo Holler. The plays run from June to September in Pine Knob Kentucky.
- Stephen Foster Productions, Stephen Foster-The Musical in Bardstown, Kentucky