Paducah micropolitan area
The Paducah, KY-IL Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of four counties – two in the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky, a third Kentucky county bordering the Purchase, and one in southern Illinois – anchored by the city of Paducah, Kentucky.
- Ballard County, Kentucky
- Livingston County, Kentucky
- McCracken County, Kentucky
- Massac County, Illinois
Places with more than 20,000 inhabitants
- Paducah, Kentucky (Principal city)
Places with 1,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Brookport, Illinois
- Farley, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Hendron, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- La Center, Kentucky
- Ledbetter, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Massac, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Metropolis, Illinois
- Reidland, Kentucky (census-designated place)
Places with 500 to 1,000 inhabitants
Places with less than 500 inhabitants
- Blandville, Kentucky
- Carrsville, Kentucky
- Grand Rivers, Kentucky
- Joppa, Illinois
- Lone Oak, Kentucky (census-designated place)
- Smithland, Kentucky
- Bandana, Kentucky
- Bargerville, Illinois
- Lovelaceville, Kentucky
- Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky
- New Liberty, Illinois
- Round Knob, Illinois
- Shady Grove, Illinois
- Unionville, Illinois
As of the census of 2000, there were 98,765 people, 41,398 households, and 28,070 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 78.31% White, 19.53% African American, 0.22% Native American, 0.40% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 0.35% from other races, and 1.14% from two or more races. Hispanics or Latinos of any race were 0.95% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $32,317, and the median income for a family was $40,613. Males had a median income of $33,797 versus $20,906 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $17,994.
Combined Statistical Area
The Paducah–Mayfield Combined Statistical Area is made up of three counties in the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky, a fourth Kentucky county that borders the Purchase, and one county in southern Illinois. The statistical area includes two micropolitan areas. As of the 2000 Census, the CSA had a population of 135,793 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 136,328).
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas (μSAs)
- Paducah (Ballard County, Kentucky; Livingston County, Kentucky; McCracken County, Kentucky; and Massac County, Illinois)
- Mayfield (Graves County, Kentucky)
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-02)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.